Q: I am directly employed. What do I do?
- Check if your employer has registered you yet. If not confirm with them that you plan to complete including your employers name.
Q: Who will pay me?
- Your employer or if you are self-employed the person or company or organisation requesting your quotation. We connect you. You do the rest.
Q: I am self-employed, what are the payment terms.
- We just connect you. Please agree all matters to do with this your payment terms together.
Q: I want to give time.
- Please tick the I want to volunteer box and we will share your availability with volunteering organisations based here who need your help.
Q: I want to remove myself from AvailableWight
- If this is temporary as you are unavailable for any reason including self-isolation or illness please log on and tick temporarily unavailable.
- If you want to remove permanently please press remove me.
- If you want to be removed from our mailing list only but what to stay listed on AvailableWight please unsubscribe.
Q: I have already registered with another scheme like this why do I need to register here again.
- If you have registered with the isle of wight council safe trader scheme when you register here please tick the box to confirm that. This is a Covid 19 emergency response to keep qualified resources working safely. We need most of the same information but there are a few more things about your availability status that is really important to us for the Covid 19 response.
Q: I haven't been paid by someone who found me from here. Can you help me?
- No, this is not an agency or recommendation scheme. We do list your skills, experience and qualifications but you or your employer need to agree all matters with a 3rd party who which to use you. Please use any normal debt recovery and customer complaint procedure. There may be useful links on our website.
Q: How can I feedback?
- This portal is like air B&B or TripAdvisor, your feedback is from people who use will be seen by others. Please be kind when you use.
Q: I know someone has lied about their qualifications or experience. What do I do?
- Please support AvailableWight by being honest. Our team are here to help. If there are concerns about the accuracy. We will try to resolve and clarify to assure that information is supported by evidence. If necessary, we will suspend accounts but as we are a portal to assist, we hope that all people use the portal honestly.
Q: I haven't got any qualifications, but I know what I'm doing. I have been working on the Isle of Wight in the construction industry all my life. What do I do?
- Please register and fill in the response correctly. We have created a box called experience route. This is there for people who want to write in a description. We will try to make contact to talk to you but please remember that this is a busy time.
Q: I registered but I haven't heard anything yet.
- If you have received no confirmation please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will confirm if your information has been received. If you can log on that means that your information will be available.
Q: How do you protect my privacy?
- We only give access to people and organisation who are island based or working on the island and have requested it through specific enquiry. For example: If an enquiry is for a plumber, we only share information to introduce people who fit that category to the organisation in need.
Q: I don't like your portal.
- It is free to use. It connects suitably qualified and available resources in a time of unprecedented challenge. Infection risk and safety in the community is our main concern. And this is for your and for your customers. This information portal helps the Isle of Wight find suitable resources to keep people safe.
Q: Can I do training?
- Always. Please look at links to suitable training organisations. Or watch our toolbox talks.
Q: Do you have an official complaints procedure?
- Please follow the link below in the footer.
Q: How do I know that you are official?
- This is a not for profits portal set up as an emergency response for the construction industry on the Isle of Wight. It is free to use and helping the local construction industry to keep our island safe. Please look at our supporters and sponsors and user feedback. Or contact email@example.com
Q: Will anyone from off Island be given access?
- If you are an island-based resource you can register your availability... off island companies, people and organisation who need something done on the island can use it to find available resources.
Q: Is it just for the construction industry?
- There are many skills used in the construction industry so the number of people who can use this portal is very high. If you believe that you or your organisation offers skill that is not listed used the other category and insert description.
- This is a response to provide support to the isle of wight construction industry. Both during this crisis and beyond.
Last updated 21:02 on 15 April 2020